Saturday, October 12, 2013

Sticker Shock


Day #12


A few days ago I took a break from writing the long-winded post about haunted houses

to ride my bike to the library to return some videos.

I love riding my bike, Lolly.

Here is Lolly locked up outside of a shopping center.


While on my ride, I passed by a series of trucks parked on the street by a house that looked to be having some construction done.

On the back window of one of the trucks was a skeleton's hand offering up an obscene gesture.

What a shock!

I was all,

"Well, I never!"

and

"For the love of Pete!"


in my mind.

But you know, I had questions.

"Why the skeleton hand?"

Is it some sort of smug display of,

"Hey! I'm dead, you're not. So there!"

or


"Hey! Take that zombies. There will be 
no apocalypse on my watch!"

or

"Hey! I love haunted houses. What, you don't?!
Well, this is what I think of that!"

Where does one who is in the market for a profane skeleton hand sticker purchase it?

I may have to add this to my list of things 
that make me scratch my head.

4 comments:

  1. Julia R.2:31 PM

    Karmen, You crack me up! I have faithfully followed your blog ever since I found you last year through the 31-days link ups and you never fail to make me laugh or offer some encouragement! So, thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your bike is SO cute!! And I absolutely love that you named her : )

    ReplyDelete
  3. Julia,

    Thank you! Wow--what a great encouragement you are to me!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Mindy,

    Thanks! I LOVE that bike. One of the best gifts my husband has given me. :) It has a bell too.

    ReplyDelete

Burning Down

The other day I was listening to the podcast The Next Right Thing. It was the episode titled Reflection as Activism.  Emily P. Freeman said ...