Sunday, October 20, 2013

In the Clouds

Day#20


I know you are sick of hearing about Memphis.

Even though it was a crazy quick trip in the midst of the busiest season in our home life,

it was worth it.

For all of it:

and the ducks.

To take a breath and ascend 36,000 feet above the clouds where it is ALWAYS sunny.

To reconfirm that their is a place ABOVE that is full of light.

I couldn't help but wonder when I looked at the clouds below us,

like I could just step out and walk on them, 

if that is what it will look like when we meet Jesus in the clouds.

Will those witnesses be there with Him to greet us?

You know, the ones who have been cheering us on 
all these years in our journey in faith?

The ones Carisa wrote about on her walls?

Therefore, since we are surrounded by such a great cloud of witnesses, let us throw off everything that hinders and the sin that so easily entangles, and let us run with perseverance the race marked out for us. Let us fix our eyes on Jesus, the author and perfecter of our faith, who for the joy set before him endured the cross, scorning its shame, and sat down at the right hand of the throne of God.

Hebrews 12:1-2

When we broke through the cloud floor to land home in an overcast and drizzly Ohio,

it was a bit bumpy.

It made Monte and I nauseous.
Yes, I had to get a root beer.

As much as I wanted to see my family,

I longed for that smooth ride way up high in the light.

With the Most High.

It cements in me that though I delight in the things of this world,

like Memphis,

I am not wired to long for it.

I long for my heavenly home.

Where all the clouds are white and puffy and a sun is not needed because the son,

Jesus Himself, 

will be our light.

That is the "joy set before" us isn't it?

9 comments:

  1. Yes friend it is. And I love that word picture of the sun always shining above the cloud layer. I think it is like that so much in our lives. We get caught below the cloud layer of our busyness or struggles and we forget that those are just a layer..... We can forget that just above that the sun is always shining.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We are not home yet...

    ReplyDelete
  3. KARMEN!!!! I love your blog, sister-girl. I can't wait to read more of it.

    See u on Tuesday,
    Melissa

    ReplyDelete
  4. KARMEN!!!! I love your blog, sister-girl. I can't wait to read more of it.

    See u on Tuesday,
    Melissa

    ReplyDelete
  5. Karmen,

    Wow--what a great point of the "cloud layer of our busyness or struggles." Preach it, girl! Such a great reminder!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Melissa,

    You bless me, friend! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm glad you had a nice trip!

    Thank you for linking to Super Sunday Sync. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm glad you had a lovely trip and what a wonderful reminder of God's grace and word.

    Visiting from #SSShop

    ReplyDelete

Burning Down

The other day I was listening to the podcast The Next Right Thing. It was the episode titled Reflection as Activism.  Emily P. Freeman said ...