Monday, March 05, 2018

Spa Night Party


The female Young Life leaders in our area work tirelessly pouring into the lives of our high school and middle school girls and fostering their walk with the Lord.

They do this ON TOP of going to college, 
working and trying to have a life of their own.

A group of us moms wanted to pamper these leaders for a night.

Spa Night was born.

Pinterest is chock full of ideas for a spa party at home.

Like this spa wreath.


I bought a bunch of shower scrubbies and hot glued them to a straw wreath form that I had. I printed out the Spa Party sign from my computer.

I printed out all the spa services we were providing and where they were happening and stuck it in a frame. 

I also made some lavender and peppermint foot scrubs for the girls to take home with them. I put them in small throw away containers from the grocery store.




Manicures were done at the kitchen table.

Someone brought a hand wax machine that was THE BEST. My hands were so soft after I did it.


I found this cute ribbon banner at Target and I printed out the Relax letters from Word one letter at a time and I cut them down.


I grabbed all the massage tools we had in the house and put them by the couch.


Pinterest gave me the idea to use pool floats for facials. I ordered these guys from Amazon because it was still February and none of our stores had any pool things out for sale yet. 

I bought those white containers at Dollar Tree that we used for foot soaks.


Nigel is so confused.
Marshall's was a great resource for lots of different inexpensive face and lip masks.

I also set out a great clay mask from Arbonne that we used a big make up brush to apply.


We had a vase of head bands and shower caps for the girls to grab to keep their hair out of their facials.

No facial works without cucumber slices.


Some marked down, slightly brown grocery store roses de-pedaled made for a fancy touch to the foot soaks.


I used a bath soak by Arbonne in warm water for the foot soaks.


Then I sprinkled the fancy pedals on top.


I'm so sad that I didn't get any food pictures but we had fun hand cookies, roast beef crostinis, little chicken salad sandwiches, yogurt and granolas, fruit, cupcakes and brownies.

We also served an iced coffee latte punch and non-alcoholic mimosas that we called "no"mosas.




I put 2 cups of water in a crock pot set on warm with a few drops of lavender essential oil and rolled up wash cloths for the girls to use to wipe off their faces after their facials.


One of the moms brought a few electric massagers to use on the girls.


This foot massager was crazy. It moved back and forth sideways--FAST.


I loved seeing these girls relax.


And enjoy each other.


And completely unwind.



This was such an easy party to do! I had most of the stuff already (except the pool floats and masks) and all the mom help with the food, nail painting, masks and massage made each girl feel pampered and loved.

Which was the whole goal of the night.

Monte is cooking up a fun night for the guy leaders.

And no, it will not be a spa night.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Burning Down

The other day I was listening to the podcast The Next Right Thing. It was the episode titled Reflection as Activism.  Emily P. Freeman said ...