Friday, October 30, 2015

Pumpkin Emojis

Day #30




Because we’d been out of town and consumed with the middle school musical, we waited until Monday to get our pumpkins.

And we had to wait until the rain stopped Wednesday night after dinner before carving them.

Ellie had the fun idea of us all picking an emoji to carve into our pumpkins.

I decided to pick something simple:


Here’s my pumpkin version.


All lit up.


Ellie decided to go with the sly faced emoji:


It took her a long time but it turned out great!


McDaniel went with a whale emoji.

She was sick and we offered to carve her pumpkin for her but she wanted to give it a go.




The whale emoji:



It kind of got lost in translation. 



Monte decided RIGHT AWAY to do the smiley face poo emoji.

Against my wishes, 
begs 
and total judgement.


For the love of Pete.


I’m happy that it looks more like the Stay Puff Marshmallow Man from Ghostbusters.


Am I right?

Monte felt the need to get affirmation on his pumpkin emoji choice, 

mainly because of my total disdain.

I overheard him talking to some of the Young Life leaders before bible study Wednesday night.

Actual questions that came from his mouth to another human being:

“Hey, did you check out my poop by the front door?”

“Yeah, my poop is a little rough around the edges.”

Then I had to actually say to him,

“Stop talking about your poop so they can start bible study!"

For the love of Pete!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Burning Down

The other day I was listening to the podcast The Next Right Thing. It was the episode titled Reflection as Activism.  Emily P. Freeman said ...