Wednesday, October 31, 2012

Halloween…The Big Reveal

Day #31 of 31 Days of Storytelling

Today is the BIG day.

Even though it is freezing

and raining.

It is Halloween.

It feels like we have been preparing for this for months.

I made this BOO out of orange and black
cupcake liners.
I did the craft for my last elementary school Halloween party this afternoon. 

This was my ninth straight year.

As much as I love Halloween

I won't miss the stress of making our costumes 
AND 
doing that party 
IN THE SAME DAY!

I had the kids make Glitter Slime and decorate baby
food jars. It was a colossal mess but they turned out
CUTE!
Then last night McDaniel gave me a, "Hey, Mom, could you…" 

AGAIN.

Her almost coach got engaged over the weekend and the girls trying out for her basketball team wanted to each make something to decorate her office with as a surprise.

She wanted me to "whip up" a bridal wreath of some sort.

It was after dinner and I was NOT going out for supplies.

So I made this.

I just tied tulle and ribbon on a wreath form--
literally whatever I had on hand.
The coach's last name is McBride.

Our neighbor's usually do a wonderful Spooky Supper party every year before Trick or Treating starts 

so we can eat, 
show off our costumes, 
visit, 
eat, 
show off our costumes 
and MOST IMPORTANTLY 

get our Christmas card picture perfect shot.

No Spooky Supper this year due to weather.

So we had a short window of when we could take our OWN picture 

(camera propped up on a big book of Shakespeare's plays, the Bible 
and a Kleenex box with the timer on) 

before McDaniel had basketball tryouts.

Here are some of the shots:

We dressed like Clue characters.

Miss Scarlett with the revolver, Mrs. White with the wrench,
 Colonel Mustard with the knife, Mrs. Peacock with
the candlestick.

We decided to have a little fun with it:



McDaniel came up with a great idea why we were shooting pictures for the Christmas card.

But I won't show you.

Until Christmas.

You know I can keep a secret.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Burning Down

The other day I was listening to the podcast The Next Right Thing. It was the episode titled Reflection as Activism.  Emily P. Freeman said ...