Sunday, October 21, 2012

Ellie's Dream

Day #21 of 31 Days of Storytelling

My youngest daughter Ellie, had a dream this summer about my mom.

It was so vivid that she drew it out so we could email it to my mom, Mimi, to the girls.

In her dream, my mom was on one of those tall diving platforms.

I should mention that this was during the Olympics. 

My girls really got into the diving events because a local girl, Abby Johnston, won the silver medal in synchronized diving.

Abby is on the right.

Back to the dream.

Not only was Mimi on one of those tall diving platforms, she was in a circular machine that spins you around and upside down.

I am not sure which way is up.

Mimi is, obviously, dizzy.

Don't you love her dizzy symbols?

But Mimi presses on and dives.

Good form, Mimes!

She goes for the tuck and flip.



Not sure why, but there is an ending pose. 
Isn't that more gymnastics than diving?
You know, because of the water?

Mimi sticking her ending pose…on top of the water.

But it isn't my dream.


Recap:




My mom loved the ambitious confidence Ellie had in her physical abilities.

I loved seeing a dream drawn out.

I want to do it now.

I have some good ones.

I can just see them on paper.

Stay tuned.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Burning Down

The other day I was listening to the podcast The Next Right Thing. It was the episode titled Reflection as Activism.  Emily P. Freeman said ...