Friday, October 26, 2012

Pictures Worth a Thousand Words…To Me Part 2

Day #26 of 31 Days of Storytelling

Maybe this is a bit of a cop out

showing a bunch of pictures 

and telling their story.

Rather than

telling a story

and showing some pictures.

But I had so much fun that I am going to do it again.

I do realize that it is like showing a slide show from a vacation to people who could care less and fall asleep.
Yep, that has actually happened to us.
And OF COURSE we were the ones showing the slide show
not falling asleep.
Excited yet?

Here we go:
That is pioneer woman me in the back left, my sister Kori next to me.
My brother Kyle as a happy Paul Revere
and brother Kwin as the quintessential 70s kid.
This is my brothers and sister and I during the Bicentennial in 1976.

Wait. I think we need to hum "Battle Hymn of the Republic".

I'm dead serious. Do it.

And boy, are we ever celebrating.
(My dressing up thing started early.)

Can't you see the excitement oozing out of the gingham from our handmade pioneer dresses?

Historic pride is just dripping from Kyle's 3-point hat.

Kwin is just ridiculous with patriotism.

Don't we all look so happy with one another?


Since we are already talking about dressing up:

Monte and one of his BFFs. Except we are not supposed to say
BFFs about his friends.
This was last Halloween. Monte was Gonzo from the muppets and his friend, Matt, ended up wearing a Tinky Winky head from the Teletubbies.

I love this picture because I imagine if Monte and Matt were 8 or 9 years old in the picture

it would look EXACTLY the same.
(Minus Monte's facial hair.)
But hang on to your hat:
Where do I start?
This is Monte being Monte. 

Which is why he can threaten the girls

effectively

with ways he could humiliate them.

Because they know he isn't bluffing.

He once screamed "FLASH MOB!"

in the middle of a grocery store 
and started dancing
by himself

because one of the girls was sporting a pretty negative attitude.
McDaniel's bible study.

So much to say.

This is McDaniel's bible study.
(Scared, yet?)

I love that you can see the PRAY sign that hangs above the couch.

Seems so appropriate.

The girls were here just minutes when we discovered one of the girls tracked in dog poop on her flip flop 

and they all walked into the living room dressed up like this.

I think it is very interesting what each girl chose to put on.

I can't stop staring at the quietest one in the bunch wearing that bright red Little Mermaid wig and Christmas elf hat.

Or maybe it is the way she is looking at the camera like she knows something

IMPORTANT

that she isn't sharing.

Ok, last one:

Look at my dad in the middle.
This CRACKS ME UP.

Because I am the one taking the picture

poorly

and causing my dad to reach out

and tell me what I am doing wrong.

Or he is threatening to strangle me.

I love that I caught it on film.

This one just might get framed and put on the piano.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Burning Down

The other day I was listening to the podcast The Next Right Thing. It was the episode titled Reflection as Activism.  Emily P. Freeman said ...