Monday, October 24, 2016

The Stuff We Remember

Day #24



I was in my high school freshman English class when a girl threw up all over the back of the boy sitting in front of her.

He was all leaned back into his chair 
so she got a good shot at him.

Poor sick girl got up and ran out of the class.

Poor “got sick upon” guy ran out not far behind.

The girl never returned but the guy did,

wearing a too-small gym uniform with tube socks pulled up high on his skinny long legs.

He was super tall so those short shorts 
seemed even shorter.

His hair was wet too.

We all had a good laugh.

I remember asking my fellow classmates at our 10-year high school reunion if they remembered that incident.

Some did, some didn’t.

Something very similar just happened to Ellie in her freshman English class.

I told her that she just became someone’s 
10-year high school reunion memory.

But she doesn't see it like that--yet.

I’ll be sure to let you know when I’m free to tell the full story.

In the meantime, It reminded me of Ellie’s  “puked in the head” story that happened to her in the 1st grade.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Burning Down

The other day I was listening to the podcast The Next Right Thing. It was the episode titled Reflection as Activism.  Emily P. Freeman said ...