Thursday, April 17, 2014

Blogs I Love

As promised, here are some blogs that I consistently read and am excited when I see an email in my inbox that there is a new post.


Mindy at Dandelion Diary. Mindy is a dear writer and encourager. I have mentioned her on my blog before and consider her a friend even though we have never met. No word is every wasted with her. She is fabulous at finding things to be grateful for. Check out her 3-part series on going deep. So worth it. She’s funny, sweet and a true poet. Check out her latest poetic post about the lunar eclipse. It’s awesome!

Karmen at Praise the Lord & Pass the Calgon. God saw fit to put more than one Karmen with a ‘K’ in the blog world and then, just for kicks, connect them! It has been so fun “chatting” with Karmen and getting to know her. And it is so fun to leave her comments addressed to “Karmen”. She is another that I consider a friend without ever seeing her in person. Karmen is funny, introspective and always courageously transparent. She is in the very beginning of a thyroid cancer diagnosis. Her positive attitude (joy is how she said it to me just last night) is nothing short of God-given. And she is documenting it in her blog. Follow along and pray for this sweet sister.

Jenny Shrodes at Foodie RD. Jenny just happens to live a few doors down. Our kids have grown up around each other. We’ve even discussed the idea of bringing back arranged marriages for her son and my Ellie. It’s truly not a crazy idea. She is a dietitian who really aspires to eat cleanly and teach others to do the same. She is a fantastic cook! She teaches cooking classes and is on our local news regularly offering her wisdom and recipes. She is so good on camera! I love to watch and text her important comments like, "I have that belt!" Or “Great scarf!” Or “I laughed out loud when you pointed out that the hemp seeds went down the news anchor’s blouse!” You know, important feedback. She updates her Face Book page more often than the  blog:https://www.facebook.com/FoodieRD Watch the video on how to quickly separate egg yolks. Mind. Blowing.

Chris Carter at The Mom Cafe. Chris is THE greatest cheerleader EVER. Encouragement is her love language and she is flat-out fluent. She not only writes beautifully about her faith and family (you HAVE to read about her daughter’s health struggles and being on the swim team. HAVE to. A movie should be made. I cheered OUT LOUD reading it.) but she is constantly sharing writing from others. Promoting it. Us. She is just that rah-rah awesome. Read her post on the crucifixion. Stunning. And she is funny too. And she lives not far from me and I keep bugging her to meet for coffee. Not in a stalker way. Because she is another that I feel a friendship with without ever meeting. But we could meet. Should meet. Chris, am I scaring you?

Rabia at The Liebers. Rabia is quite funny. She was featured in an book of short essays by mom writers called The Mother of all Meltdowns. I have been linking to her blog for the Tuesday 10 writing prompts. I always enjoy her posts. 

Katy at Nobody Puts Katy in a Corner. This certainly isn’t a tiny blog but worth checking out if you haven’t yet. I know I have mentioned her before. This gal is HILARIOUS! She has her own theme song. And a puppet that looks like her. PLEASE read this post of what happened when her husband was pulled over late at night with her look-alike puppet sitting in the passenger seat. She is a Georgia girl with small children who just survived a Kansas winter. That DOES deserve a theme song, doesn’t it? Katy also is very transparent about her life, her faith and her marriage. And she makes hysterical videos. 

Darcy at Message In a Mason Jar. I am new to this blog but just love what I have read so far. Her latest post about Palm Sunday and the beach is so beautiful. Check it out! I can’t wait to read more from this talented writer.

Joni at Motherhood and Muffin Tops. Dear word, I love, this blog! She has just begun to blog and I heard about her through Sophie Hudson from Boo Mama. This girl has a way with words! Funny, sweet and spot on. I actually reposted her latest blog called Somewhere Along the Way on my Face Book page because it NEEDED to be shared. It was THAT good. Can I get an Amen!? Go to her blog right now and read it. Go.

Heidi at Trying Not 2 Blink. Heidi has this amazing run-on sentence all-in-one-breath style of writing that makes you feel like you are sitting right in front of her listening to her speak. I love it when she writes about substitute teaching. Cracks me up. She wrote this amazing account of how her little boys decided to “do church” when the family didn’t go to church one Sunday. One of the little boys put on a suit and preached from Genesis. It is just. precious! She titled the post “Bedside Baptist”. Go read it.

Donna at Holimess. Donna is such a lovely writer. Her faith oozes from her. She wrote this stunning post about a Google search that she noticed on the stats page of her blog. So beautiful how she witnesses through this post in the hopes that the person who typed in the particular search:  “I am tired of this life Lord” would get to read what she wrote. And how she prayed for them. I will never look at those Google searches on my blog the same.

Angel at Finding the Inspiring Angel consistently does just as the title of her blog states:  finds the inspiring. In her life and what’s happening around her. Check out her latest post about the Resurrection.

Hope you love these as much as I do! 

And if you do…leave them a comment to let them know. It means the world!

18 comments:

  1. you are awesome! Thank you so much for the blog mention! I feel all special and loved! =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh thank you SOOOO MUCH for your sweet words! I seriously think about how close we are ALL the time and how much I want to meet you in person! I am more crazy about you than you are me!!!! PROMISE! OH and I am anxious to check out many of these bloggers you mentioned! I ADORE YOU KARMEN!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Right back at you! Let’s coordinate schedules!

      Delete
  3. Love you back friend! I have loved you and your wonderful words from the first time I "met" you in this crazy blogging world. When I witness something bizarre (like the man in the shed at Home Depot) I think of sharing the story with you. I even read some of your posts to my husband (who, by the way, does not read my blog...he's not a computer man at all.) I am anxious to check out the other blogs mentioned here - any friend of yours must be a friend of mine : )

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, thank you Mindy! You have been a loyal reader and that means the world to me! I truly laughed out loud when you wrote about that Home Depot shed incident!! I love that you thought of me. (Sounds weird but I know you’ll understand). You certainly know how I delighted in reading it!

      Delete
  4. How very sweet you are. Thank you for the lovely mention on your blog. I really appreciate it. Your encouragement means a lot.
    I'll be sure to stop by the other blogs. I'm looking forward to what they are sharing.
    Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are VERY welcome, Donna!

      Delete
  5. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Well aren't you just as sweet as sugar:) I made a link to your blog on my Facebook page tonight:) Heidi Murray Roseman if you want to find me;) we are heading to Ohio for the weekend... Hope your Easter is lovely! Thanks again for your kindness❤️☺️

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Heidi,

      You were in Ohio while we were in Indiana! We must coordinate that better next visit! Hope you had a great Easter! I will look for you on Facebook. Thanks for the link mention!

      Delete
  7. Thank you for being so welcoming and including me in this great list!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Darcy,

      You are VERY welcome! Can’t wait to see where your talent takes you.

      Delete
  8. Thanks so much, Karmen. You are incredibly kind. Love your blog title and can't wait to read more!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Joni,

      You are so very welcome! I am always excited to see an email telling me of a new post by you. You are so entertaining!

      Delete
  9. Thanks Karmen! I feel honored to be included in your list. You have encouraged and blessed me more than you know.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Angel,

    You are VERY welcome! Hope you had a great Easter!

    ReplyDelete
  11. These are almost all new to me, so it looks like a great list to check out!! I'm honored that you included me, Karmen!

    ReplyDelete

Burning Down

The other day I was listening to the podcast The Next Right Thing. It was the episode titled Reflection as Activism.  Emily P. Freeman said ...