Tuesday, December 10, 2013

Tuesdays Unwrapped--#2

I hesitate to even say this out loud (or in type)

but I am not stressed this holiday season.



I could follow that up with a "yet",

assuming that it is only December 10th and I haven't planned the 

Christmas Eve meal 

or Christmas Day breakfast 

but those thoughts don't produce even a distant hint of stress. 


It will get done, 

just like all the gifts on order will arrive

and get wrapped,

and the crafty gifts I want to make

will. get. made.

So on this Tuesday,

just 14 days from Christmas Eve,

I will unwrap this peace.




Because we woke up this morning to a lot more snow than we were expected to get and cars needed scraped and driveways shoveled


and Ellie was so congested we kept her home from school and when I called the attendance line at school I left my MAIDEN name that I haven't had in almost 18 years

then I left the name of the wrong daughter

which I clumsily corrected and then hung up.

But today, STILL

I have PEACE



and I am going to enjoy it.


4 comments:

  1. Oh, that peace is such a gift isn't it? I am laughing at your phone call because between my years of working in a clinic, and before the medical transcription, I spent a lot of time subbing in our local junior high school office. I spent a lot of time doing the attendance and fielding those calls from frazzled parents (or students trying to impersonate their parents!)and, trust me, it could have been worse haha.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mindy,

    So glad to know it could've been worse! Ha! I bet you have some stories to tell of your time working those phones! I told my husband it must've been because I was thinking of our anniversary coming up MOnday! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm with you on this one...trying not to stress but enjoy the important elements of the holiday instead of focusing on all the "work."
    God bless you,
    Gail

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks, Gail! I so enjoy reading your blog posts!

    ReplyDelete

Burning Down

The other day I was listening to the podcast The Next Right Thing. It was the episode titled Reflection as Activism.  Emily P. Freeman said ...