Friday, November 01, 2013

Stormy Weather and a 3-Hour Tour

For the 2nd year in a row,

Halloween was very wet.

[sad sigh]

This year it added in lots of wind too.

Our town decided to change the trick or treat time to earlier to try to beat the bad weather.

Since this was my view as I waited in my car for Ellie after school,



it seems as if beating the bad weather
 just wasn't going to happen.

But even though we didn't get to enjoy the out of doors and walking around visiting with neighbors,

we still got to see a few

and we just had to make the most of it.

"The weather started getting rough, 
The tiny ship was tossed, 
If not for the courage of the fearless crew 
The minnow would be lost, the minnow would be lost."



source: http://www.lyricsondemand.com/tvthemes/gilligansislandlyrics.html

We were the characters from Gilligan's Island.

Not The Love Boat.
Our neighbor sang that "exciting and new" theme song 
as we walked into his house.

McDaniel as Gilligan, me as Mary Ann, Ellie as Ginger and Monte as The Skipper.

 Easiest costumes ever.

We ordered the hats online for cheap and the rest came from the thrift store and our own closets.

I used white electrical tape on a pool floaty to make the life preserver and S.S. Minnow letters.

Oh, Gilligan, you are so silly.

Hope everyone had a great Halloween.


1 comment:

  1. Because of circumstances beyond my control I am so behind on reading blogs and blogging myself...BUT I had to come in and comment because I love Gilligans Island! I used to watch all the reruns and my parents would say, "We have already seen this one" and I would say, "No, I am sure we haven't". I might have been fibbing or maybe they were so exciting to me that they seemed new all over again. Cute costumes on a cute family : )

    ReplyDelete

Burning Down

The other day I was listening to the podcast The Next Right Thing. It was the episode titled Reflection as Activism.  Emily P. Freeman said ...