Monday, February 11, 2013

Award

Wow! 

I got this really cool comment on my last post, Care Taking, that I was receiving an award.

Lisa from Notes From the Shallow End bestowed this very unexpected honor on me. Check out her blog:  this girl is funny!

The award came with 3 instructions:

1. Copy and paste the image of this award 
(that's me, two in from the right, pointing at something)

 2. Answer some questions.

3. Pass the award on to someone I deem worthy.

Wow again!

Here are the questions I am supposed to answer:

Favorite time of year? I love autumn, wait, no one actually says that outside of a poem, FALL. I like Fall. The leaves changing color, the deep blue color of the sky on football Saturdays and having to put on a sweater after a long hot summer.

Favorite festive movie? I love It's a Wonderful Life and Elf and A Christmas Story. Family Man too, although it is not really a Christmas movie. Makes me more grateful.

What is your passion? Writing. Has been since the 3rd or 4th grade. I loved story starters in school. You know where you are given the sentence:  "It was a dark and stormy night when__________" and we got to finish the story. LOVED that. I also am passionate about being creative. Crafts, costumes, etc.

Favorite color?  Yellow. Our living room is a soft shade of yellow and our basement is a bright shade called "Friendly Yellow". Yellow makes me happy. Yet, I don't wear it much in clothing. Hhmmm…I wonder why that is? Hey, Lisa, is this supposed to be therapeutic?

Favorite time of day?  MORNING! I do my best everything in the morning. Studying, writing, profound thinking (ha!), cleaning, organizing, exercising. By 3:00 pm, I'm fading. By 8:00 pm, I'm worth precious little.

Favorite flower? Lilacs. A big whiff of lilacs is like being wrapped in my grandmother's hug. She has the biggest lilac bush I have ever seen and she always had lilacs in her house when they were blooming.

Favorite non-alcoholic drink? Coffee! ANOTHER reason why I love mornings. I have to admit that when I slip into bed at night, I get a teence bit excited that when I wake up there will be coffee.

Favorite physical activity? Riding a bicycle. Indoor or out. I have a retro Raleigh complete with fenders, white wall tires, a tractor seat, a basket and a bell that I named Lolly. Lolly and I do all our errands together in the warmer months. My favorite is going to the library and riding REALLY FAST around the traffic circle in front of it. It is completely wheeee! worthy. When it is cold, I ride the exercise bike in my basement. It has all the fancy automatic workouts where it will change tensions, etc. I grew tiresome of them. So I just ride 5 miles as fast as I possibly can. Some days that ends up being a good time, some days it doesn't.

Favorite vacation? Paris. Monte and I went before kids. Loved everything about:  the history, the food, the architecture, the SMELL. Very romantic. Fripp Island, SC is my favorite vacation spot with the girls.

What advice would you give your 20-year-old self? Stay in your lane. Don't worry what others are doing or what others think of you. Just focus on getting to the finish line in your lane. And lay off the sugar cookies in the cafeteria.

Now, I get to give The Bloggy Dance Award away! I'd like to award it to Katy from http://katyinacorner.com. She is so hilarious--she has a puppet that looks like her!

So. Want. One. (of me, not her. I am not a stalker!)

But she is also brave in the way she shares her pain as well. Check out her blog! You won't regret it!

3 comments:

  1. I LOLed at the coffee! I can not tell you how many times I have wanted a cup of coffee right before bed, so instead convince myself to sleep with the reward of coffee upon waking. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aaaww, I can't believe I forgot about coffee when I answered the questions. (I'm so sorry, coffee. Don't ever leave me.) Your answers made me giggle. off to check out the next awardee!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well, my goodness, you just made my day! Thanks so much for the kind words!!!

    ReplyDelete

Burning Down

The other day I was listening to the podcast The Next Right Thing. It was the episode titled Reflection as Activism.  Emily P. Freeman said ...