Wednesday, April 25, 2018

Women's Luncheon Table Decorating 2018

I've taken a few years off from going to my church's women's luncheon due to conflicts.

Mainly:  prom.

I was excited to get back to it.

This year Ellie's Young Life leader's grandmother was the speaker so she decided to host a table too.

I knew it was going to be a busy weekend because McDaniel was bringing A BUNCH of kids home with her from college.

And they were all staying at our house. 

More on that later.

So I wanted to keep my table decorations simple and/or that didn't require much shopping.

I decided on a dinosaur theme.

Why?


2) I have a lot of dinosaur home decor.

3) Dinosaurs seem to be popular right now.

When I told Ellie my theme she told me to not go crazy and keep in "Dino Chic."

But of course.


In the center is my Tyrannosaurus Rex cookie jar from Target the girls got me a few birthdays ago.

I ordered the big leaves from Amazon to use as chargers and a centerpiece.


I brought the other dinosaurs I had from home and put fake succulents in them to "Dino Chic" them up.


I alternated between driftwood napkins holders and gray napkins and galvanized metal and gold napkin holders and light beige napkins.

Those white plates came from a thrift store.


You might recognize my chia pet dinosaur I painted silver after I couldn't get a single chia seed to sprout.


I bought a bag of plastic dinosaurs on Amazon and spray painted a handful of them white for each place setting.




McDaniel got me this salt and pepper set from Target for Christmas.

Now on to Ellie's table.


She has a real eye for design and definitely knows what she likes. Most of this came from her room.

When I was 15, I had a poster of Prince on my wall. 
That's all I can remember about it's design theme.



One of the sweet college girls from my small group made Ellie a beautiful eucalyptus and white flower garland that she put around the center of her table. I'm kicking myself for not getting a picture of it!




I love that each place card said Woman of God.


I wish I'd taken more pictures the next day!

The themes stuck mainly around spring.

After this forever winter, 
I loved all the blooms and color.

There were so many women there--the biggest luncheon I've been to yet.

And the speaker was FANTASTIC!

A few Young Life leaders came and one of Ellie's friends.





Two of the leaders are in my small group so when we discovered that we all were wearing jumpsuits, I suggested the natural thing.

Take a picture doing the Charlie's Angels pose.


Except I couldn't remember exactly how the pose went.

There's a Karate chop in the pose?




I'd like to say we were praying here but we were probably comparing shoes or pedicures.

It was an awesome event.

1 comment:

  1. LB in TN11:12 AM

    I love the tablescapes! The dinosaur theme was so creative.

    ReplyDelete

Burning Down

The other day I was listening to the podcast The Next Right Thing. It was the episode titled Reflection as Activism.  Emily P. Freeman said ...