Tuesday, December 12, 2017

Greedy

We watched Scrooged the other night.



It's a movie with Bill Murray that came out in 1988.

I had never seen it until I married Monte.

It's a modern (1980s) adaptation of Dickens' "A Christmas Carol" with the three ghosts and everything.

The Tiny Tim character won't speak 
after witnessing his father's murder years before.

Bill Murray is Frank Cross, the Scrooge character who is a successful TV exec bent on ratings and success rather than good quality programming.

The transformation of Frank Cross is pretty phenomenal.

He goes on live TV to explain to everyone listening exactly what he's learned.

The speech gets me every time, every year.

Here it is:






If you believe in this pure thing,


the miracle will happen and you will want it again tomorrow!

You'll get greedy for it.

I love how the writers used the word greedy for something good.

It makes me think of what I can be greedy for.

God's word

Prayer

Encouragement

Hospitality

Not what I can do for others in my own power but what God can do for others through me.

Now that's a reason I wouldn't mind being called greedy.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Burning Down

The other day I was listening to the podcast The Next Right Thing. It was the episode titled Reflection as Activism.  Emily P. Freeman said ...